REWIND: Week 3

4. The Victorious
It's true, I have found a grey pencil skirt at last. I will not divulge much else about the details. Do not fret. My very first outfit post (grey pencil skirt included) is coming to a computer screen near you on August 12th (hopefully).

3. The Music In You?
Today, I got to thinking about things that influence out individual styles. One of the first things that I thought of was music. I can't help but chuckle at a conversation I had with a senior back in May. After remarking my love for Nirvana, I received a rather incredulous look, their actual reply was something along the lines of, "You don't look like the type of person who would like grunge music."

That conversation is so comical, in a way. Because it is true: when someone pictures grunge music, I'm sure they don't envision someone dressed in a pencil skirt. But asking others if their music preferences strongly influence their style, the answer is a clear yes. The parallel between their style and music is a defined. Now, I would like to ask my readers:
Does your music strongly influence your dress? Can people tell that you love certain genres or artists?

2. Yowzahs!
I do dote on Elie Tahari's Fall 2008 RTW collection indeed! I love the wide-leg trousers! I love the cinched waist and the leather gloves, it's very chic and urban. I must buy a pair or two this Fall!



1. Mirah, Mirah
After watching last week's episode of So You Think You Can Dance, I immediately fell in love with Courtney and Mark's (Mark, oh Mark! Why'd you have to go?) Jazz routine. Not only was the choreography phenomenal, but the music was completely enthralling! I had no idea who Mirah was, so I scurried to iTunes to find out more.  Upon downloading the song, I found myself playing it over and over. Her voice can best be described as extremely clear, clear like water. I love her! And it's only fitting that her song Garden be featured as The Tune of the Week. 

Oh oh
Oh oh the bee does quickly sting
I was wondering
If you could maybe darling
Think? I'd give everything
If you'd grant my love a pardon
And all the fruits
Again would fill the garden
I love these lyrics! Hope your weekend was lovely! I was stuck in my house, slaving away, trying to finish my summer homework. ick!
And a special thanks to Emmy for giving me the Premio Weblog Award! 
Au Revoir,
La Femme Chic
blog comments powered by Disqus