It's After 2 In The Morning....

And I should be finishing my summer homework. :(
I start school on Tuesday, which is technically tomorrow.. Wow, that is so frightening to say, you have no idea. I should be focusing right now and working hard on the last paragraphs of my American History essay, but I just cannot focus right now. 
I'm exhausted and I really, really need to sleep. But I can't because along with the summer homework I have left to do, I also need to work on an article for Skylar. 
Oh and did I mention that my deadline is today?

Anyway, I've been trying to work on my time management and prioritizing and all that other organization business... I've been trying really hard to stay positive, assuring myself that everything will be just fine and I will survive!  But then I dreadfully find myself thinking, "Oh, yes, things will be fine and I'll even have plenty of time to do that other extra thing that I don't need to do." It's a maddening cycle. 

I wonder about why I signed myself up for 2 AP classes and why I've planned to do all these extra-curriculars all the time.
It's like I'm lacking that inner voice that suppose to say, "No, that's enough. You don't have time for more." I don't actually figure that out until I'm in an awful time crunch and fighting to stay away. 
What is that about me
I don't understand it at all. I recall a conversation I had with my mother in the car the other day about the upcoming school year:
Mother: I think you're doing too much this year.
Me: Not really. What makes you say that?
Mother: Well, you have the ambition gene. 
Me: What does that mean?????????
Mother: When you were 8, you wanted to do ballet, jazz, tap, clarinet, track and choir. You wanted to do it all.  
Me:  Yeah......?
*That's all I can recall. It's late and my brain is seriously like melted ice cream. (Yum, ice cream.) 

Truthfully, I still don't understand what the "ambition gene" means. Sounds like something from a suspense movie. 
- scene-The Doctor enters, folder in hand, looking quite serious and deep in thought.
"I'm afraid we have some bad news.. We received your test results and it's clear  that you have the... the AMBITION GENE!"
"AHH NO! Say it isn't so!!!!!! *sob, dramatically*"- end scene-

What to do? What to do? I don't know how to stop this, I'm trying to work on it but I'm finding that quite hard to do when I don't know how to identify the root of the problem. 
Hmm, I shall think. Yes, deep reflection is good indeed. 

Well, It's 3 in the morning now and I'm off to bed. 
NOT.
Wish me luck. I really need it. 
Arriverderci,
La Femme Chic

EDIT: No REWIND today. Check back on Tuesday for the world premiere. :)
blog comments powered by Disqus