
WARNING!: This post includes a string of random topics that in no way correlate with one another.
Today, I found out that I am a Water Monkey according to the Chinese Horoscopes. My first reaction was, "I didn't know monkeys could swim!!" I was quite confused as to what exactly a "water monkey" meant, but my BFF, Google, quickly cleared up my initial befuddlement.
I found this groovy site through Google which explained the traits of all of the 12 animals. I have to admit, they were right about a lot of things. It mentioned my preference towards the color gold (I love gold by the way) and how I dislike being told to be quiet (I do like to talk).
By the way, I decided to title this post "Random Mondays" because I never feel the same way every Monday. On some Monday's, I hate that the weekend is over and I'm not a happy camper. On other Mondays, I'm really energetic and excited to see people that I haven't seen in 2 whole days! My Monday's are always random.
However, there IS one thing that is never erratic: The frustration that comes when searching for a bag to use in the upcoming school year. I always get so exasperated! None of them are big enough, none of them have the right straps, etc., etc. It's quite annoying and I hope that things don't get so bad that I have to use my beloved Kenneth Cole bag again this year because after two years, I don't think it can stand another second of heavy duty, aka carry around a ton of books to and from school. I must stay positive, "I will find a bag, I will find a bag.."
I really should be working on my summer homework, but I really don't feel like reading the first chapter, which is a full 30 pages of American History, and making note cards. I have about a whole month to read 90 pages of the History, do 50 note cards, write my essay response to Death of a Salesman, finish reading The Color of Water and write an essay for that, read the Aeneid, watch the movie Dead Poet's Society and make "a visual representation of the theme", read "Great Issues in American History" and write a 3-5 essay about that. Oh joy.
I haven't procrastinated too much, have I??
Writing all of this makes me feel quite uneasy and I think I should try to work on some right now, while my motivation level is high.
Well, I'm off. Wish me luck. : )
Arriverderci,
La Femme Chic