Got Nerds?

No, not the candy Nerds. I mean the adorable Geek Chic Adam Brodys of the world.
Even with my school's lack of luscious nerds to stare at (sigh), I'm happy, nonetheless, about Nerd Day this Monday. Hmm, so what are the possibilities? What comes to mind when you think of nerds? Velma from Scooby Doo? Steve Erkel from Family Matters? For me, it's rectangular-framed glasses and striped skinny ties. Oh and dare I forget the pocket full of sharpened pencils or the handy Trapper Keeper?

THE CLOTHING:

My favorite gray trousers are high waisted and have a straight leg. I love them dearly- I bought them a few months ago for only $10.
This blazer is something that I must buy! I almost bought it but then I saw this divine high waisted skirt... ahem, ANYWAY. With the dark color and it's oh-so-scholarly embroidered crest, it's the perfect thing for me to don while getting my nerd on. And yes, I just said that.
I just bought a white oxford this week, but upon seeing this one, I immediately wanted it. I think that the strips on the underside of the collar are just so perfect for Nerd Day! Lust, I must.

THE ACCESSORIES:

Ok, these ruler bracelets are just too amazing. I want one to wear with cardigans and V neck sweaters. AND they're handy. Just whip it off and measure away!
I've actually been wanting a striped tie for while. And what else looks as good with a black blazer and crisp oxford?

And lastly, do I even need to explain? Glasses are THE accessory! Wear the glasses, be the geek!
Come Monday, I will let the inner geek emerge... ;)

Au Revoir Friends,
La Femme Chic
blog comments powered by Disqus